Rant Rave and Blog

Monday, September 11, 2006

She's Potty Trained......

....well kind of. No I am not talking about my wife, she has been potty trained for at least 6 or so years now. I am talking about Mackenzie. This weekend we decided to bite the bullet and put Mackenzie in "Big Girl Underwear" and for the most part she did great. The first day was Saturday. It was going well, we went to Old navy and some other places then we went to Friendly's for some lunch. She had gone potty while we were at Old Navy so we thought she was good to go for lunch. We during lunch she said she had to go again, so I took her and she went again at Friendly's, a whole 15-20 minutes after going at Old Navy. Good job we told her then we left. As we got into the car, I was putting Jack in his car seat when I heard Mack start crying. Apparently she had to go again, so she had her first accident in the parking lot. I guess she couldn't have picked a better place to have an accident. The rest of the day she did great. No other accidents.

Now onto Sunday, we decided to go to the fair. Although they seem to have a lot of bathrooms, they don't have ones close to where ever we were. I think Mack has the world's smallest bladder. She must have went 10 times while we were at the fair. However, she should have went 11. As we were leaving the fair, she started acting a little funny so we asked if she had to go to the bathroom, she hesitated but said no. So we continued walking to the car, when she started crying again, but this time she was leaving a trail, and this was not the kind of trail you wanted to follow. We stopped immediately, but didn't know what to do? If she walked stuff fell out of her undies, but we couldn't leave her there....could we? No of course not. So Allison pulled out all the wipes we had with us...all 2 of them, CRAP!(no pun intended). So Allison cleaned her leg a little bit and I picked her up. We made our way to the bathroom where Allison took her into the ladies room and cleaned her up and put a new change of clothes on her.

So to sum the weekend up, Mackenzie only had 2 accidents over a 2 day period of time, not too bad if you ask me. I am very proud of her!

1 Comments:

At 9:42 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

That is one thing I do not look forward to!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home