Rant Rave and Blog

Thursday, December 22, 2005

Pissed Off Times 2


As you can probably tell from my previous blogs, I am a little short on patience. But last night and this morning 2 things really set me off and I think they probably would you too.

The family and myself went down to 34th street, in baltimore, last night. After we saw all the lights, and there are lots to see, we left and started on our way back home. Just then my daughter decides she wants some chicken. I see a McDonald's and we procede to the drive through, what a mistake that turned out to be. Let me show you the dialog that took please.
After about 3-4 minutes of waiting at the location where you place your order I finally hear.
DTO (Drive Thru Operator) - "Welcome to McDonald's can I take your order please"
Me - "Yes, can I please have a 4 piece chicken nugget, apple juice and a small coke"
DTO- "That was a 4 piece chicken nugget, and a small coke?"
Me - "and an apple juice please"
DTO - "OK so you want a 4 piece chicken nugget, apple juice and a small fry?"
--- at this point I am getting frustrated so my wife takes over. ---
Wife - "No we want a 4 piece chicken nugget, apple juice and a small coke."
DTO - "OK that's $3.15 please pull around to the second window."
--- now i don't know if she got my order right or not, but we attempt to pull around to the second window anyway ---
After about 15 minutes of waiting we finally reach the second window. The DTO gives me my coke then gabs some with her fellow employees. She then gives me my apple juice and again gabs. I then give her my money, $5.15, and she actually gives me the correct change. She thanks me and again starts the gabbing. If you haven't noticed I still have not gotten my chicken nuggets. So I say "Hello" loud enough so she can hear me over her gabbing. I ask for my nuggets which are sitting right next to her. She finally understands what I want and asks if I want any sauce with them. I politely, or at least as politely as you can, say "No, just give me my fucking nuggets". This turns out not to be the best choice of words. She says "You don't have to swear at me" so I in turn say "You don't have to make me wait so long for my food, now just give my nuggets" She gives me my nuggets and I drive off while she is still tlaking. Now I know I have little patience, but come on 20+ minutes for fast food? Where is the fast part?

Part 2 of the night/morning.
My job requires me from time to time to come in between 2am and 6am, this morning was one of those times. I get in to work around 1:45am. I come into the office to get the hardware I need. I leave the office about 2:10am. As I am leaving the office a cop comes into the parking lot. As I am leaving he turns around to follow me. I drive out of our parking and head to Sheetz to get something to drink. When I get out of my car he pulls up beside me, rolls down his window and asks, "What were you doing there?" This really pisses me off, because this is the 3rd time that this has happened to me. So I explain, not very politely, " You guys always pull this shit. I work there that is what I am doing there, stop harrassing me." He says he is not harrassing me, so I tell him "You guys always give me a hard time for fucking going to work, is there nothing else you can be doing" and I just walk into the store and buy my soda. Now I expected to see him still there when I got out of the store to give me a ticket for having an expired registration, but he was so consumed in why a person could possibly be out at 2am that I guess he didn't notice that part. I understand that he is "just doing his job" but come on already, 3 times in as many months?

Anyway what would you have done in my situations?

3 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Katie said...

I would have done the same thing at McDonald's. And if I didn't say something rude then I know for a fact that Todd would have.

As far as the cop thing goes, I don't have the guts to mouth off to cops. So I probably would have just said something nice and went about my business.

Totally with you on the fast food though!!

 
At 10:24 PM, Blogger Todd said...

I agree... you take those "fast food jockies" out of their routine of burgers and fries and they get lost...

 
At 3:25 PM, Blogger Robin said...

You didn't have to fly the f-bomb.
meany.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home