Rant Rave and Blog

Tuesday, May 02, 2006

ComCastic

anything but ComCastic is more like it. Yesterday I started my first day with a new company.....ComCast. ComCast bought the company used to work for SusCom. I started 8 years ago with BlazeNet, a sister company of SusCom. Then last year BlazeNet and SusCom merged. I wasn't looking forward to the merge, since it meant change, but the change was minimal and in the end liked working SusCom. So I had worked at basically the same company in the same building for the past 8 years, although I have had 7 or 8 cubicles. I had seen BlazeNet grow from the 20 people that were there when I started to a point when we probably had over 100 employees when we purchased a couple of other companies, then widdle back down to around 30. I LOVED working for BlazeNet/SusCom. We have a basketball hoop out side, a foosball table in the breakroom and a place to play indoor football during the winter. We worked hard, but knew how to blow of the steam. And now Com Cast comes in and so far this assimilation has not gone in my opinion, and it is just an opinion, very smooth. First not all of us received new jobs with ComCast. Letters were handed out one day at work, some received letters some did not. They handed the letters out right in front of everyone, so you knew who did and didn't receive letters, a little awkward if you ask me. Yesterday was the first day that people didn't receive letters did not come to work. It was weird and a littel depressing. BlazeNet/SusCom to me was like a family and it is weird when some of your family just disappears. I am not sure what ComCast is like, who knows I may end up loving it there too, but BlazeNet will always be special to me.

2 Comments:

At 9:12 AM, Blogger Old Man Kirby said...

No we haven't moved yet.

 
At 9:36 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

I miss you!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home