Rant Rave and Blog

Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Fridge follow up

I have received my fridge. The shipping company was now able to find my house. They delivered the fridge and a 4 wheel dolly. After they left the house and I went back to work I received a call from the delivery guy stating he left his dolly at my house. I told him I could be home in 40 minutes and would meet him then, or he could wait til 4:30pm and I would put it out on the porch for him. He went with the 4:30 plan. After I got home i set the thing outside and left, when I returned it was gone, so i assume he came and got it. All done with the fridge story...or so I thought.

3 days ago my wife realizes that we were supposed to get a "Complimentary Consumer Care Kit" or "Customer Care Kit" depending on what website you look on. So I called Home Depot to find out what happened to the part. I explain to them what I am missing and they tell me I need to call Maytag, they give me the number and off I go. So yesterday I called Maytag, I explain what I am missing and they ask for the model number and serial number of the fridge. I give them the model number, but don't know the serial number. I am told they can't help me without the serial number and I needed to get it off of the fridge and call back. So after work last night I went home adn emailed the serial number to myself so I can call today.

Well I jsut spent the last 1.5 hours talking to various people at Maytag. And it turns out they can not help me and I need to call Home Depot again. While I was on the phone with maytag I started filling out the contact us form with the experience I am having. Below is what I wrote to Maytag:

"I had the unfortunate experience of calling your customer service number today. The first person i spoke to Lindsay, seemed very helpful, except that i was on hold for at least 20 minutes while she looked up a part number. Once she found that part number she said I needed to speak to a different department to order it. I was then transferred to the New Sales Department. The lady there was rude at first. She said she couldn't help me and that I needed to call back in. I told her there was no way I was calling back in, I was just on hold for 20 minutes and was transferred to her so either she was going to hep me or she would need to find someone who could. She stated that there was no one there that could help me and she could not transfer me. I asked to speak to a supervisor, but was told there wasn't one. I then asked to speak to whoever her boss is. She then tried to help me and became friendly. She took my information and looked up the part. It took her about 10-15 minutes to find the part, but eventually found it. She still stated she could not help me, but by some miracle was now able to transfer me? She then transfered me to Customer Service and I spoke to gentleman, who again I had to explain the part that was missing from the Refridgerator. He said he would put me on hold to help me, but instead dumped me into another queue. I am now on the phone with the fourth person, who again I had to explain everything all over again. She has apologized and of course I am now on hold again. She's back and within 2 minutes has found the part number. The lady I am speaking to now is Lucretia. She seems like the one so far who knows what is going on. She is giving the part number to customer service and I assume will transfer me again, but I hope not. Also i am now an hour into this phone call, just for a Consumer Care Kit. How fitting that I am calling for a Consumer Care Kit, but have not received any actual Consumer Care. Oh well I have been transferred again. Talking to Robert now and he is about to order me the WRONG part. He wants to order me a Feature Kit, which is NOT what I need. I am now explaining to him what I actually need, the Consumer Care Kit. Which just in case you don't know consists of a butter dish, egg bin, cutting board, bin liners and deodorizer. OK Robert is back and guess what? He says he can't help me either. He says that I need to go back through Home Depot, which is where I started. He tells me that Home Depot calls one person and that person would order the part, but Robert doesn't know who that person is and tells me no one there knows who this person is. I am very frustrated as a customer and because of the lack of service I have received from Home Depot and Maytag, I will no longer be doing business with either. However, judging by both of your customer service departments I sincerely doubt you even care. Also feel free to read my blog oldmankirby.blogspot.com, where I am posting my experience for everyone to read. Again, I doubt you care, but just thought I would let you read about my experiences."


Well I am about to call Home Depot again and see if I can finally get this kit.

1 Comments:

At 12:00 PM, Blogger Mr. Ulsh said...

OK so I'm about to go to lunch but I just got done reading this as I hear you say "Hi I'm calling about my fridge...." so I think I might stick around and eaves drop this one out.

Sitting next to you is such great entertainment.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home