Rant Rave and Blog

Wednesday, August 22, 2007

For My BlazeNet Peeps...


A little background. When I worked at BlazeNet we had to put servers together and rack them in server racks. This would be fine as long as you could find the tools needed to do this, but being able to find the tools was often the hardest part of the task. Usually we had to make due, with tools that weren't really the right tools. Or we could go upstairs and beg for a screwdriver, which was normally not well received.


Well I am now at a new company, but I am still doing the same things(plus a few other things). So today we got a new rack, myself and another person had to install the rack. Well he also came from a place that tools were sparce, so we cringed when we found that we needed tools. We then called the facilities guy who supplied us with an ajustable wrench, but we needed other tools. So we went upstairs to ask for a tool, when one of the managers told us that all we had to do was go to the file cabinet in the lab and there were tool kits there and we could each have our own. WHAT? We could have our own tools? That is unheard of, so we went and looked and wouldn't you know it...toolkits for each of us.


So now I have my very own toolkit. It is a nice one too, a Jensen Computer Technician Toolkit, as seen above in the picture.

3 Comments:

At 2:43 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Sean,
If your boss (Jerry/Rich) would have asked to purchase you a tool kit I would have purchased one like this just for you

http://www.stanleysupplyservices.com/product-group.aspx?id=10182

 
At 7:29 PM, Blogger Rich B said...

Anytime somebody mentions the word toolkit, I think of Dan, and his missing one.

I would have given anything to find that toolkit when we moved out of BlazeNet.

 
At 9:03 PM, Blogger Todd said...

I thought your post was going to be about the missing tool kit and that you just found it in your garage or basement.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home