Rant Rave and Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Lacking...

...it seems like my blogs have been far and few between lately, so i thought I would write one. Not about one thing, but about a couple of things that I have noticed or thought about lately.

First, I was at the grocery store the other night picking up a few things. And I don't usually go to Giant Grocery stores, long story, but I happened to go this night. As I was waiting to check out, the cashier asked the guy in front of my if he had his Giant Bonus Card. His reply struck me as the best comment I have ever heard. He responded with.."No, but I have this little tiny one." Now you be the judge, but come one that is a pretty good response.

Last night I found myself with the wife and a group of people from her work at my first York Revolution Baseball Game. It reminded me of a couple of things, baseball is boring to watch in person, York isn't half bad, and the stadium is quite nice. But the one thing that caught my ear was the vendor walking the stands. I could have swore he called out, "Oatmeal, popcorn, crackerjacks!", but the wife insists he said, "Cold Beer, popcorn, crackerjacks!" York lost by a score of 7-2. It was tied going into the 8th inning and they were only down by a run going into the 9th inning, but managed to lose by 5, ouch!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home