Rant Rave and Blog

Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Roller Skating

Last night WARM103 had an Eighties night at the local Roll R Way. My Great Boss was gracoius enough to get me a free pass, so I took my 3 yr old daughter Mackenzie. My wife had a Gymboree class with Jackson, so I thought it would be a good to spend some one on one time with Mack.

Well she was very excited when I told we were going Roller Skating. She said she loves to go Ice Skating. I explained that 1) we are going roller skating and 2) she had never been ice skating.

We arrived at the rink gave them our ticket and got some rental skates. She was still very excited. Then came the fun part. Actually trying to Roller Skate. What was supposed to be some fun one on one time turned into back breaking work to get her around the rink. Don't get me wrong she loved roller skating, the problem is they didn't roller skate. She would stand there sometimes with her feet still sometimes moving them all over the place while I attempted to skate around the rink with her between my legs. Basically I carried her around the rink while she thought she was Ice Skating...i mean roller skating.

Although we both still had fun, it is not something I would suggest for a 3 year old. Even Mackenzie said wanted to go back, but not until she was four. I told that sounded like a good idea.

1 Comments:

At 8:38 AM, Blogger Chuck said...

At least you didn't:

A) Get hurt.
B) Run out of Gas
C) Freak out on a teenager who skated to close to you.

Overall sounds like a good evening.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home