Rant Rave and Blog

Monday, October 23, 2006

Old Sean vs. New Sean

Today after dropping off my kids at the day care I started to leave, I pulled out of my spot and started heading up the row to the exit. Then all of the sudden a green car comes fly around the corner and can't keep her car on her side of the row. I think oh crap she is going to hit me. Luckily she came to a SCREECHING halt about 1 ft. from my door. She waved as if to say "To say sorry my bad". I just kept on my way.

Now see that is where the New Sean comes into play, anyone who knows me probably thinks that it is weird that I just continued driving. But I am trying to be a more calm Sean these days, trying to set a good example for my children.

The Old Sean would have stopped the car and started into her about how this was a parking lot and you should not be speeding through a parking lot and not only is it a parking lot, it is a Day Care parking lot were children often are located, especially in the morning when the teachers lead a line of them to the bus stop. And how she could have very easily hit one of them. And how she barely stopped in time not to hit my car and that if I was a child she probably would not have seen me as soon as she saw the car and most likely would have hit and injured the child. And that she had her child in her car and could have injured her child if she had hit my car or another child. But no i didn't say any of that.......

However, on the way to work I started thinking that I should have said something. And that this new Sean stuff was just a bunch of crap. I really wanted to say something, but I didn't. What if this happens again, but next time she doesn't stop in time? Then I would feel guilty, ok this New Sean stuff has to go. Enough of the polite nice Sean.......

1 Comments:

At 6:39 PM, Blogger Rich B said...

But... But...

I was out of the country and didn't get to met "New Sean". He sounded like a nice guy, and I'm sorry I'll never meet him.

Fear not, though. While you were playing new Sean, I was spreading old Sean for you. I'll post my Blog entry soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home