Rant Rave and Blog

Monday, October 30, 2006

Shocking!

In case you didn't read my last blog, I put in a new dishwasher last week. And the dishwasher requires electricity to run, so I thought I would let you know about my electricity rule.

Here is my rule:
After 2 shocks I turn it off when hooking up or taking out something that uses electricity. Why after 2 shocks you might ask? Well here is my reasoning. The first shock was just an accident and won't happen again. The second shock is someone above trying to tell me I should turn off the electricity. So that is when I turn it off.

However, when I hooked up my dishwasher last week I did not follow my 2 shock rule. And probably much to everyone's surprise I aired on the side of caution. I decided that after I got shocked one time it was probably a good idea to turn of the electricity. Turns out things go much quicker when you don't have to worry about getting shocked. I got shocked the one time, turned off the electricity and it was much easier to connect the wiring. I may have to adopt this rule as the new electricity rule.

2 Comments:

At 9:38 AM, Blogger Rich B said...

Why not turn the electricity off first? You, yourself, admit things go much faster, if you are not worried about the shock risk.

 
At 10:19 AM, Blogger Old Man Kirby said...

It's like that cell phone commercial that you like. It just wouldn't be as adventerous and fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home