Rant Rave and Blog

Thursday, January 04, 2007

Shipping.....

As most of you know I now work for Comcast, they purchased the company I used to work for SusCom. We yesterday I had to ship 10 servers back to 2 customers. At Suscom, I would take them to the local UPS store pack them and ship them. I would then get reimbersed for my expenses within a week or 2. Well at Comcast things work differently, much differently. To start with it takes at a minimum a month to get a expense check, although my so far have all taken at least 2 months.
So here is what happened yesterday, Rich and I unmounted the 10 servers and cleaned up some wiring at the POP. We then took half the servers to the UPS store to get packed and while they were packing those we went and picked up the other half of the servers, they wouldn't all fit in the explorer. When we got back they had 2 of the servers packed up and ready to go. I then realised the customers both gave me FedEx shipping accounts, they don't accept FedEx accounts at the UPS store..go figure. So figure ok we will take them to fedex, but fedex doesn't pack things. So we still need to get them packed up. I then call around and try to find out who is going to pay to get the servers packed. It turns out no one will pay to get the srevers packed. I am told to take them to the York Warehouse and have them pack them up and ship them out. Now neither Rich nor I know where the York Warehouse is, heck we didn't even know we had a York Warehouse. Turns out the York warehouse is the old SusCom building on King Street. So now I have to figure out how to get the servers to the York warehouse, because all 10 will not fit in the explorer at the same time. So we go to my house and get my pick up truck, all ten will fit in there easily. We get them loaded up in the truck and go to lunch then we head off to the York Warehouse where we are supposed to talk to Joan, now I have never dealt with Joan before but I am told she is not the easiest person to deal with. So I am already dreading explaining this whole thing to her. So we get to King Street and can't find joan, turns out she was not in. We are then told to talk to Tawnya, she is in the back unloading a truck right now. Great....
So we talk to Tawnya is a very nice and agreeable person. The servers are now sitting in the York warehouse waiting to be shipped. Man that was a long process.

1 Comments:

At 12:03 PM, Blogger Todd said...

Wow, I didn't think they reimbursed for expenses. I'm still waiting on my checks. It's been about 6 months now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home