Rant Rave and Blog

Friday, June 15, 2007

Wii-ha!

My Wii arrived yesterday. I hooked it up last night nad started to play. Keep in mind I only have the game that came with the system, Wii Sports. Wii Sports consists of Golf, Boxing, Baseball, Tennis, and Bowling.

The first game that I played was Tennis. I really enjoyed playing tennis, it was fun and very intuitive. I didn't read any instructions, not that I would normally, and it was very easy to pick up. I whooped up on everyone it was great. I can't wait to get more controllers so more people can play, up to 4 people can play at one time. That should be great.

The second game i played was bowling, actually my 3, almost 4, year old daughter played this first. After a little "explaining" to her on how to play, she was off playing. Next my wife wanted to bowl, so she played out the rest of Mack's game. I believe my wife really enjoyed it as well because I had to beg her to come down and just look at the game and she made i quite clear that was all she was going to do. But after watching Mack play bowling for a couple of frames my wife wanted to give it a try and she finished the rest of the frames, quite well I might add. Then she went off to bed.

Next I tried to show Mack how to play the tennis game but her timing was off so it wasn't working out that well.

Then I figured boxing would be easy, and it was, but Mack said she wanted to play the outside game. I didn't have a clue what she was talking about til I scrolled through the game son the menu and she said "That one daddy, the one outside." Turns out she wanted to play golf.

So Golf was out next game. Mack played first. She actually did quite well. All I had to do was tell her to either hit it soft or hard. She did the rest and scored pretty well. After the game was over I headed off to bed but she wanted to stay up and play some more. I told her I was going to bed, but she could stay up and play. But she doesn't like to be alone so she decided, reluctantly, that she would also head off to bed.

The only game we didn't play was baseball. I figure I can save that one for tonight. All in all the Wii was everything I thought it would be. It should prove fun for the family as well as me! Eventually I will get more games, but for now these games are fun.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home