Rant Rave and Blog

Monday, June 18, 2007

Father's Day

Yesterday was Father's Day, and I am a Father so it was MY day! I tried to extend Father's day into both Saturday and Monday, to make it extended Father's Day, but that didn't seem to work. However, having just the one day was still great.

My kids, who normally wake up at 7:00am on weekends and well after 7:00am on weekdays, actually slept in which was my first treat for Father's day. I don't think they got up until around 8:30am, which for Jackson is a miracle. So I knew the day was going to be a good one!

Next Mackenzie and Jackson bought me my gift, I opened it and it was a Magellan RoadMate 2000 GPS. I have been wanting a GPS unit so it was cool to finally get one. The only thing was I had to charge it before I could use it, which was a bit of a bummer, i usually like to use things right away. I did use it on my way to work this morning, even if it is only a 2.5 mile trek.

After I opened my present and we got dressed we went to breakfast at the York Airport, in Thomasville, and ate at Orville's. The food was very good, but the place was packed! But all in all I will say it was a good place to go. After we ate, we went out side, which is about 10 feet from the runway. We watched a couple of planes land and take off, it was a cool sight to see, being that close to the runway. Jackson, however, got more excited from the fuel truck filling up the airplanes, than he did the airplanes themselves, weird kid.

After we left the airport we drove round for a little while. I like to look at open houses and look for houses for sale, so we drove around looking for both. We went to an open house or two and looked around some houses that are for sale. I had fun.

The kids had enough of that so we headed home. Jackson took a little nap and Mack played. My mother had dropped of my Father's Day gift the day before, it was a gazebo for my deck. We decided to go outside and while I put up the gazebo, the kids could play in a little blow up pool. They had a blast in the pool, and I had fun watching them from the shadow of the gazebo.

We then decided it was time for dinner so we ordered some food from Texas Roadhouse. I went and picked it up. We ate outside under our......you guesses it, new gazebo. WE then put Jack to bed and cleaned up and went inside.

This is where the only bad part of the day came. I wanted to watch the last episode of "So You Think You Can Dance". My DVR, on the other hand, had a different idea. Even though it showed that it had recorded the show and the green status bar showed up, I got an error stating the show was not available at this time. That DVR is really starting to piss me off, I really need to return it and get a new one. So I couldn't watch that show, but I was able to watch the first episode of this seasons, "Top Chef".

So my Father's Day was very good and I have no one to thank but myself, after all I did provide half the DNA for the kids, and we all know which half I donated(the part that makes the kids good). Oh and I guess my wife helped out a little too! I love my family(it's an old picture, i know), they are great!

3 Comments:

At 11:29 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is really sweet! I am glad we were able to give you a nice father's day!

 
At 9:57 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

Too bad UPS's don't tell you when you are about to run out of gas!

It is good to know that you won;t have an excuse for getting lost anymore.

 
At 1:01 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Chuck, that was Josh who would get lost... Where was his destination, Jacobus? Nice picture. Happy Father's Day to all my old BlazeNet friends...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home