Rant Rave and Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Ryan's...

Since working in Hanover I have tried several different eating establishments. The latest one being Ryan's Steak, Buffet and Bakery. It is simular to a Golden Corral or Old Country Buffet, where you pay before you enter and then eat what you want.

What was weird is that when I paid, before I entered, they asked me if I wanted to leave a tip on my card, I paid via Credit Card. I thought this was weird since I haven't even eatten anythign yet, nor do I know how the service is going to be. How am I supposed to tip someone before they serve me? So i just said sure and rounded up to the next dollar plus one dollar (my total was $6.73, so rounded up to $8.00). So I th0ught that was weird, but then comes the better part. The lady gave me $1.27 in cash, which was the amount of the tip. So now I have paid by credit card, left a tip before getting served and they gave me the tip to give to her. I took my money and just sat down at a table.

However, after thinking about it, i guess this is a good way to do it. My wife is always afraid that when you leave a tip on a credit card the waitress never actually gets the money, but this way as long as I remember to leave the money she will get the money. Plus since I had to tell the lady the tip before i got service, if the service is bad I don't have to leave the whole thing. One other advantage is that this is like a free ATM or cash advance. I think if I go again I will say I am going to leave her $100.00 tip this way I get $100.00 in cash without being charged an ATM or cash advance fee. Then I will jsut leave a normal tip amount.

Has anyone else been to a place that uses this method?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:33 PM, Blogger Todd said...

No, I haven't been to any places like that.

But I totally agree with your point on Melinda. She has a huge head and almost no neck. It looks like her giant head is directly attached to hear collarbone area. She is weird-looking.

I also think her humility/I can't believe I'm doing this schtick is total phony. I am anti-Doolittle. She is Pickler 2007 to me.

 
At 4:12 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Kirby-

We should goto lunch sometime since we're both in Hanover.

Witt

 

Post a Comment

<< Home