Rant Rave and Blog

Monday, March 26, 2007

Life takes Visa*..........


I went to lunch the other day and being as it was Friday and I am Catholic, that narrows down my choice of places I can go. For those who don't know, Catholics aren't supposed to eat meat on Friday's during Lent. So I opted for sushi. Now my sushi options are limited in Hanover, but I have managed to find 2 sushi restaurants in Hanover, PA. The one, Full Moon, I went to earlier in the week on a recommendation from a friend who used to live in Hanover..Hi, Josh. So I decided I would give this other place, Wasabi, a try.

I actually like the sushi at Wasabi a little better than Full Moon's sushi. And thought hey this place is close I might start coming here. That was until they waiter took my check and then asked if I had cash. I said sorry no I don't. He then informed me of a $25.00 minimum to use credit cards. Now come on people, I can take the $5.00 minimum and even a $10.00 minimum, but $25.00! You have to be joking me. My bill was $17.00 and he was giving me a hard time about taking my card. I told him I didn't have any cash so he would have to take the credit card or give me the food for free. He decided to take my credit card, surprise.

He then came back to give me my card back and ask how everything was, I told him the food was good, but the credit card policy sucks! He said there are charges associated with taking credit cards, I told him I understand this, but the charges aren't that much and either they paying to much to be able to accept credit cards or their margins on the food are too low. he then informed me that other customers understood and are ok with the credit card policy. I then told him, if your other customers are ok with the credit card policy, then they don't understand. I then informed him that I would be going to Full Moon for sushi for now on and left. I am sure he didn't care, but I just thought I would let him know anyway and maybe any other customers who weren't aware of the other sushi restaurant. Was I being ridicules or was his Credit Card policy ridicules?


*$25.00 minimum

Labels: ,

4 Comments:

At 4:54 PM, Blogger Rich B said...

I would agree that a $25 minimum is too high...

$5, and I can live with... $10, and I'm OK, but anything higher, and I'm out.

 
At 10:14 PM, Blogger Chuck said...

Josh?

Is he still alive?

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Brett said...

All credit card policies are ridiculous. It's a paperless world... even in Hanover, PA.

 
At 1:30 PM, Blogger Emcee B said...

They charge 1% for Visa/MC and a slightly higher percentage for Discover and AMEX. I'm sure this can vary now, as that was how it was when we signed up for the credit card machine years ago, but how much inflation can it be?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home