Rant Rave and Blog

Monday, March 26, 2007

Railroad Crossings

Driving to work the other day I came to a sudden realization that, man I drive over a lot of rail road tracks. Then I remembered Todd blogging about his commute and the number of traffic lights and stray dogs that he would encounter on his daily commute. So here is my version of his commuting tale.

I now work in Hanover, as I have stated in past blogs. It is about 27 miles from my driveway to the parking lot at Hanover Direct, Inc. or HDI as they seem to call it here. It takes me 45 minutes to get home everyday no matter which of my 5 different ways I go. I like to see which way was the fasted so I plotted 5 different routes and timed each one over the last two weeks. It turns out they are all within 1 minute of each other, for an average time of 45 minutes. So Friday on my way into work I thought man another railroad crossing that must be at least 6. Well on Friday's trip home I decided I would count, and from the parking lot to my driveway I go through 10 railroad crossings or one every 2.7 miles. Is it just me or does that seem like alot for a place with no mass transportation?

Labels: ,

2 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Blogger Brett said...

Hopefully when Hanover Direct wants to open plants in other areas they will choose HDI Direct as their new, fabulously redundant moniker.

 
At 1:26 PM, Blogger Emcee B said...

Kirby-

Don't they have a Hanover Direct in York anymore?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home