Rant Rave and Blog

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Sticks and stones ay break my bones but.........

Being inspired by Rich's posting of the Chili Cookoff joke, my favorite joke in the whole wide world, I decided to eat some chili for lunch yesterday. So I went next door to KClingers, I was told it is spelled that way because the 2 owners have the same last name, but spelled differently(Klinger and Clinger), but I could be wrong. Anyway so I ordered Chili and some hot wings, seemed like a good combo to me.

My chili arrives and I start digging in. Well half way through my chili I get a bite of something rather hard. I spit it out into my hand to see what the heck I just bit on. I turns out it was a rock. That's right I had a rock in my chili. Now people who know me might think I would raise a stink or something, but I kept my calm and kindly flagged the waitress down. When she came over I showed her the rock and told her it was in my chili. Her response "Oh that's from the beans". She then takes the rock and leaves as if this is common place. Now I am not sure where they get their beans, but if it is common for you to get rocks in your chili you should either post a warning "Eat With Caution Rocks in Chili" or maybe get your beans from somewhere else.

I then got my wings and was surprised to learn there were no rocks, sticks or any other wierd substances in my wings.

The waitress took the chili off of my bill, how kind of her, so I was maybe not the happiest camper but at least I didn't have to argue with her about the chili.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At 11:07 AM, Blogger Todd said...

Yuck, that is gross. How did you continue eating?

 
At 7:02 PM, Blogger Rich B said...

Well, if you think about it...

The boil the beans for at least 30~40 minutes to soften them up, and the rock must have been in the boiling water, so it was a clean rock..

PLUS...

Have you ever been in the kitchen of a restaurant? I'm sure the same things happen at other restaurants, but after working at the Olive Garden in College, I will never eat at one again.

A rock is the least of your worries.

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

That is so funny!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home