Rant Rave and Blog

Friday, April 20, 2007

Strep strickes again.....

Around Christmas time I got a sore throat and at first avoided the doctor figuring it was just a cold or something. So after about 5 days of a sore throat and not being able to swallow with out cursing, i decided to see the doctor. He thought it was my normal sinus infection, but after he looked in my throat he said nope this looks like strep. So they did a test and it was strep. They gave me a prescription for penicillin and i took it like a good boy. The strep went away and i started feeling better about 2 days after I started taking the medicine.

Then 2 weeks later I felt the same way again. I didn't wait as long to go to the doctors and again he confirmed it was strep, but this time added a case of mono to go along with the diagnosis. I also got tested to see if I was a carrier of strep and apparently i am. But anyway this time they gave me augmentum, a penicillin and some other drug concoction. Again I took my medicine and all was well.

Then about a month after that my wife starts to get a sore throat. I tell her to go to the Dr. and she does and of course she now has strep throat. So she takes her medicine and she gets better.

A week goes by with everyone healthy, next thing you know I pick up Mackenzie from and notice she feels warm and is very tired. Which is odd for Mack, she could give the energizer bunny a run for his money. So we take her to the doctors office and wouldn't you know it she has strep, but she wants to one up us. She also has a double ear infection, that's right, she has strep and an ear infection in each ear. So she takes her medicine, also Augmentum, and she gets better.

Well this week I started getting another sore throat and decided to visit the doctor again. Yup, he believes I again have strep throat. Apparently this is the year of the strep throat. And it SUCKS!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home